Beef Back Ribs
- Two racks of beef back ribs
- Rub #1 (Traditional Texas)
- 1 part kosher salt
- 1 par coarse ground black pepper
- Rub #2 (Sweet and Savory)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of pepper
- 1/2 cup of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of granulated garlic
- 1/2 cup of onion powder
- 1/2 cup of paprika
- 1/2 cup of chili powder
- 1/4 cup cumin
- One part apple cider vinegar
- One part water
- Using a dull knife remove the thin membrane on the back of the ribs by gently working the knife between the membrane and the bones. Once the membrane is loose, grab it with a paper towel to peel the membrane away.
- Apply a thin layer of yellow mustard to the ribs to act as a binder and allow the rub to stick to the ribs
- Lightly cover all sides of the beef ribs with your preferred rub
- Fill the hopper up with Cuisinart cherry rum pellets and preheat the pellet grill to 275F.
- Once preheated, place the beef ribs on the pellet grill and insert a temp probe in each slab of ribs. Plan for 3-4 hours of cook time on the grill depending on the size and thickness of your ribs
- Optional: Mix your spritz in a spray bottle. Starting at the 90 minute mark, lightly spray your ribs every half hour to help them maintain moisture.
- Remove the ribs from the pellet grill once they reach an internal temp of ~200F.
- Either wrap your ribs in butchers paper or loosely tent in aluminum foil and allow them to rest for a half an hour
- Carve up the ribs and serve to your friends and family to enjoy!