Gourmet Breakfast Sandwiches
- English muffins, Everything Bagels or Eggos if you’re making these for the kids
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Finely chopped chives
- Two slices of back bacon or peameal bacon
- Your choice of cheese (we suggest aged cheddar)
- Ingredients for the sauce:
- One part mayonnaise
- One part ketchup
- One part mustard
- One part hot sauce (optional)
- Turn the griddle on to medium low heat and place a 9” pan on the griddle to preheat.
- Butter your english muffins and place them face down on the griddle until browned
- While the English muffins are browning, get your bacon on the griddle to sear
- Mix eggs and water together, add chives, salt and pepper to taste and whisk until mixed together
- Remove english muffins when brown and bacon once seared
- Add butter to melt in the pan.
- Place omelette mix in the pan, add sauce and cheese to the english muffins and place them face down in the uncooked omelette mix on the exact opposite sides of the pan
- Flip the omelette onto the griddle once the first side is done.
- Place the bacon on the omelette over top of one of the english muffin sides
- Once the omelette is cooked through, fold the two edges of the omelette onto the cheese and bacon.
- Then fold the omelette lengthwise so the English muffins are now on the top and bottom of your sandwich. Let cool and enjoy!