- Five whole chickens
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Ingredients for baste
- 2 tablespoons of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of granulated garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup of salted butter
- Make sure the giblits have been removed from the bird and rinse you chicken down thoroughly with water
- Generously season the cavity of your chickens with a few punches of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Coat the chickens in a thin layer of extra virgin olive oil
- Using butchers twine, tie the ends of the drumsticks together and separately wrap a piece of twine around the wings of the bird to hold them flat against the breasts
- Fill the hopper up with Cuisinart cherry rum pellets and pre-heat the pellet grill to 350F. Then place the chickens on the pellet grill
- Make your baste by melting the butter in a pan and then adding in the dry ingredients. Stir until mixed.
- Baste the chickens every 15-20 minutes. The whole cook should take 1.5-2.5 hours depending on the size of your chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the grill when the internal temp reads 170F and let rest before serving. Make sure you’re taking the temp reading in the thickest part of the thigh but not touching the bone.