Searing Steaks on the Cuisinart 360 Griddle XL
- Prime Ribeye steak (1.25 inch thick)
- Kosher salt
- Avocado oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Compound Butter
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Salt your steaks generously with kosher salt and allow them to rest for an hour before searing them. This will allow the seasoning to fully incorporate into the steaks and allow them time to warm up to room temperature
- Preheat the griddle to a surface temperature of 450F
- Evenly apply a generous amount of avocado oil to the griddle
- Place the steaks onto the griddle and lightly press the steaks into the griddle to ensure the entire surface of the steak is in contact with the griddle
- Wait 3-4 minutes before flipping the steaks. They should release from the griddle once the crust is finished forming.
- Once flipped, allow the steaks to continue searing until an internal temperature of 130F is reached (128F for medium rare, 145F for medium and 155F for medium well)
- Remove the steaks from the griddle and place on a cutting board
- Apply a tablespoon of compound butter on top of each steak and let rest untested for 10 minutes
- Then serve and enjoy!!!