What better way to feed a hungry Super Bowl crowd than the quintessential American smashburger. Check out the below recipe for a fully loaded burger that has the juiciest patties smothered in ooey gooey cheese and a special roasted chipotle garlic seasoned mayo.
There are two major components to the perfect smash burger, the correct ingredients and a screaming hot flat surface. We tested out the Cuisinart 360 Griddle Cooking Center (include link to https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cuisinart-360-Griddle-Cooking-Center/266164586) which allowed us to apply the perfect smashing pressure while locking in all the delicious juices and goodness in the patty rather than losing it through the grates like they would on a traditional BBQ.
Check out our video for a flavorful burger that delivers the perfect smash burger patty - crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside and perfect to feed a hungry Super Bowl crowd. You won’t get any measly sliders at our party!
Through this partnership with Cuisinart, they have made a large donation to the Princess Margaret Cancer Foundation which is a charity we’re involved with and passionate about. We want to thank them for their support and we hope you enjoy the recipe! Below are all the ingredients and written instructions to go along with it.
- 2lbs of 80/20 chuck (makes 8 burgers)
- Cuisinart Roasted Chipotle Garlic seasoning
- ¼ cup of Mayo
- ¼ cup of Ketchup
- ¼ cup of Mustard
- Brioche Buns
- Cheddar Cheese
- Lightly pack about an eight to a quarter pound of burger chuck into meatballs. Don’t overwork the meat to ensure burgers are tender and juicy
- Prep all your favorite toppings so you’re ready for the burgers to come off the grill. Our go tos are lettuce, tomato, onion and pickles.
- Make a burger sauce with equal parts mayo, ketchup, mustard and add in some Cuisinart Roasted Chipotle Garlic seasoning to taste.
- Sear bacon on the griddle until you reach your desired level of crispiness. Place on a plate covered in paper towel to absorb any excess grease
- Butter brioche buns and toast them on the griddle for about 60 seconds. The buns will burn quickly if you’re not careful so keep an eye on them.
- Place meatballs on the griddle and smash the burgers down using a cast iron smasher. Add salt and pepper to taste. Let burgers sear until the juices start bubbling out of the top of the burgers and you see crispy edges around the side of the burgers.
- Flip burgers and add cheese. Place the cover on the top in order to ensure the cheese melts over the burger and gets that ooey gooey goodness into all of the cracks of the burger
- Remove burgers from the griddle and start assembling. Sauce both sides of the bun, the place lettuce on the bottom, add two patties and then go on with the rest of your toppings. ENJOY!