Smash Burgers on the Cuisinart 360 Griddle XL
- 80/20 ground beef / ground chuck
- Brioche or potato buns
- Dill pickle
- White onion
- American cheese
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Ingredients for the sauce:
- One part mayonnaise
- One part ketchup
- One part mustard
- One part sweet relish
- Make 1.5 ounce (70gram) round balls out of the ground chuck (similar to meatballs)
- Preheat your griddle on medium high heat.
- Butter your buns and place them on the griddle to toast. Prepare your sauce: mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and mix until evenly combined
- Prepare your toppings: i) Slice rounds of onion off as thinly as you can, ii) thinly slice your pickle widthwise into small rounds.
- Remove the buns from the griddle once browned. Add sauce to your buns and add the toppings to your taste.
- If you haven’t done steps 1-5, go back and do them before the burgers hit the griddle. These will cook incredibly fast so you want everything ready
- Place the meatballs on the griddle leaving enough space between them to be smashed
- Place a square of parchment paper over top of a meatball and then press down on the meatball with your metal spatula. Use the butt of your second metal spatula to press down and apply extra pressure if necessary
- Apply salt and pepper to taste
- Allow to cook for 45-60 seconds or until the edges of the burger form a dark brown crust
- Using a scraper, scrap the burgers off the griddle and flip them
- Apply cheese slices to each patty and place the lid on the griddle to help the cheese melt
- Once the cheese is melted, remove the patties from the griddle and build your burger. Feel free to add as many patties to your burger as you like and enjoy!!!